"The wind gave our children the spirit of life." -- Chief Seattle
To the Native American Tribes, the wind is a life force with a spirit of its own. It carries a sacred message as it travels through the land. Only the medicine men, shamans, and wise spiritual leaders were able to interpret the messages, but all felt the movement of the wind.
The Diamond is the symbol that represents the wind. It is equal on all four sides symbolizing the importance of the four directions.
This cuff incorporates to four sacred colors with the wind symbol. It can be made in to a cuff (with the optional tutorial) or worn as a beaded band by adding a clasp.
On the pattern pages, I have provided you with:
- a full-color, graph-style beading chart
- color key with suggested Delica bead colors and bead counts
- color photos of the finished cuff
- Brick stitch word chart is available
- Step-by-step finishing tutorial is also available.
- Approximate Finished size:
- 1.75 inches x 6.25 inches
- Supplies Used:
- Delica seed beads
- 1.75 inch wide cuff blank
- Leather or ultrasuede for backing
- Brick/Peyote Stitch
- Pages to Print:
- Pattern only: 1
- Pattern and word chart: 3
- Pattern and Tutorial: 5
- Pattern, word chart and Tutorial: 7
- Skill Level:
- Strong beginner and above
(beader should be familiar with Brick/Peyote stitch as no stitch instructions are included)