I have really gone out of my comfort zone with this bead pattern. A customer asked for a switch plate cover with my Northern Cardinals on it. When I designed the single switch plate cover, I could only get one of them on it. So I decided to challenge myself and see if I could do a double switch plate cover with two Northern Cardinals on it. I did it and was so excited.
The male cardinal is a wonderful rich red with a black face and even though the female has a little red, they have more brown than red. These beautiful birds do not migrate and look gorgeous with a snowy background.
This pattern was tested by my Bead Angel, Terri Ettling-Shell.
This pattern has alphabetic characters for the bead color to make the word chart easier to read.
On the pattern pages, I have provided you with:
- Full page pattern and segmented blown up views for an easy read
- A list of suggested supplies
- Complete bead counts
- Picture of the finished switch plate
- Word Chart with starter strip available
- No Basic stitch instructions are provided
- Approximate Finished size:
- 5.5 inches by 4.5 inches
- Supplies Used:
- Delica 11/0
- Double Switch Plate
- Peyote or Brick Stitch
- Pages to Print:
- 5 graphs only or 10 with word chart
- Skill Level:
- Advanced Beginner to Intermediate (need to know how to peyote or brickstitch/loom or square stitch)